Create a PR-worthy stunt to kick-off and promote Hallmark Channel’s “Countdown To Christmas” programming and new holiday movie premieres.
STRATEGY + SOLUTION
Set a World Record. TRG decided to make a little history by building the world’s largest illuminated Christmas tree maze (4,000 sq ft) in the heart of Manhattan. Celebrity, Candace Cameron Bure joined Hallmark Channel VIPs and kids for the local Boys & Girls Club to kick-off the maze event and accept the Guinness Book of World Records certificate.
- Decked out Brand Ambassadors were on hand passing out christmas tree glow pens and flyers promoting “Countdown To Christmas” programming dates and times
- Trees ranged in size from 3ft to 8ft tall
- The Boys & Girls Club of New York was invited to attend opening night
- At the end of the event, all christmas trees used were loaded into trucks and donated to New York Boys & Girls Club families for Christmas
- Created the “Joy To The World” Sweepstakes as an extension to continue interaction with “Countdown To Christmas” past the event and drive visits to the website – Grand Prize winner received an “around the world” visit for 2 to New York City, Paris, Rome and Sydney, plus $4k spending money
- Over 3,000 visitors walked through the world record tree maze
- The 2 day event picked up a lot of press and attention on social media
- Hallmark Channel saw increased viewership during their programming premieres